Dauntless is a live free-to-play action role-playing video game developed by Phoenix Labs and published and distributed by Epic Games available with cross-play in every current-gen consoles.
I joined Phoenix Labs in June 2021 and was working on Dauntless from then until February 2022 when I moved to an unnanounced project. Everything seen here was made using Cascade in Unreal.
This was one of my favourite things to work on during my time in Dauntless!
- The eyes on top of the shrowd; they look at random directions. This is done combining a material with Cascade.
A player uploaded a video to inspect it up close in which one can see the 4 eyes activated on the behemoth.
- The tentacles coming from the ground – darkness omnicell. I didn’t do the tentacle animation itself though, that was done by a coworker that I was helping learn Blender (coming from Maya); I modelled, rigged, and implemented them.
- And this banner plant:
From this video above I also did the VFX on the armour which came out with the Tempest omnicell and Blazeworks update.
Tempest omnicell and Blazeworks:
- Environment vfx in Blazeworks (smoke and lava)
- Tempest omnicell vfx (time-stamp on video above: 0:31)
Marauders lantern transmog
This was my first task for Dauntless <3
- Drask movement/attacks vfx